Summer getaway: Day 2

Woke up this morning to dark rainy skies, and it honestly didn't look too promising for my days events.  I was up around 530 so the potential for clearing up was most definitely there.

I headed out for breakfast at grand country which started out my day so nicely, then returned to my room to relax and ride the storms out. It didn't take long for boredom to set in before I was out the door and heading to my first destination of the day,  the Butterfly Palace!

I have been coming down to Branson regularly since around 2007,  and had never visited this exhibit, I honestly had a really fun time!  A lot to see, reasonably priced, and when you by your ticket, you get a wrist band that gives you admission for 3 days!! It was so worth it, and I highly recommend it..

After the Butterfly Palace I went back to the room. The rain had stopped enough so I decided to head to the park for the day. I couldn't have picked a better day for minimal crowds,  I splurged the 10 bucks got preferred parking and headed into the park

Headed straight to the newest coaster in the park, time traveler, and due to the minimal crowds, I was able to get in 6 rides on it, wanted more but decided to move onto the parks next coaster,  Thuneration!

This is the parks mine train coaster and it's a blast!  I rode it twice before moving further into the park, next stop was"wildfire"  built on the side of a hill, this coaster offers a fantastic view to it's riders before dropping them down the first hill,  6 inversions later and your wondering what you just rode, always a favorite to ride, I got in 2 consecutive rides..

Next up was going to be powderkeg, however this coaster actually had a long wait, and after the no waiting on the other coasters, I decided to skip this and head to the next attraction.....

Fire in the hole is the parks dark ride, it's also one of the attractions in the park since its early days. No lines meant sitting wherever, so I chose the front seat.. Always a fun ride. 

Next up was outlaw run, an incredibly fantastic coaster, with high speeds, steep drops, airtime and loads of fun!  5 rides later and I was ready for something else.
I headed back up the hill and found myself slowing down, as my busy trip was starting to catch up with me.. I took a few more spins on time traveler made my way to the mill, picked up some cinnamon bread to go and headed back to my hotel, sweaty and sore..(coasteritis) to relax..

I changed clothes, and then headed to dinner, after dinner I decided I was going to do the mountain coaster.  I purchased one of their VIP shirts,  got my discounted ride ticket and took my ride.

There was not a single person on the track with me, I had it all to myself! I did my first full on no breaks ride, it was a blast!  Another ride was in order, however it was rather disappointing since the girl in front of me was scared shitless and literally used the breaks the whole ride, my cart kept shutting down, grrr!  When I reached the bottom, the worker asked how bad the stopping was, I replied it was horrible, he gave me another ride for free, and it was as good as the first one!

After the mountain coaster I headed back to the room, I really didn't want to call it a night just yet, so I left the room, and walked the short distance up to the strip to have a bit o fun.   I found myself taking a ride on the go karts, and taking some pictures of the giant ferris wheel and it's lighting package..   After about an hour or so I was ready to head back, I got back to the room, nibbled a few bites of the cinnamon bread and found myself dozing off not too long after that..  I finally shut off the night, crawled into the bed and dreamed of coasters and fun! It's been a blast but ready to go home!

Comments