A Day at Six Flags St. Louis

Well I took advantage of the awesome weather and headed out to the local Six flags Park, I arrived around 1030 and after going through security and the gates I headed back to the season pass processing booth to get my pass for next year, I skipped out on getting one this year because there was nothing new going in at the park except a water slide and I wasn't too thrilled with that so I decided not to get one. I also had my coaster trip this year and that took care of my "fix" for a while.

after I took care of my pass I headed over to the Boss to take a ride on that for my first time of the season, and it didn't disappoint me. I remember the days when the Boss was an awful coaster to ride, painful and rough, over the years its become such a good coaster with all the re-tracking, and extra support work done since it's debute back in 2000.  I rode twice, and was completely entertained.


after 2 rides on the Boss, I headed back to the furthest reaches of the park to ride the parks first big installment back in 1976, The Screamin eagle! I have been riding this coaster since its opening weekend when I was only 12 years old, and  even with all the unnecessary changes made over the years to it, it still a kick ass coaster, even though its not a huge one, it still packs a punch and offeres the same thrills it did 35 years ago. I rode this baby 6 times before finally walking away from the queue line.
After my 5 rides on the Eagle, I headed to the exit and turned away from the entrance, on the way down the hill I stopped off at Superman Tower of Power for a drop, I am so glad I got over my fear of heights last year and started riding that thing, its one of the best rides in the park! and having it built on the highest point in the park was a sure fire way to give you one of the best views of the park from 236 feet up.

After dropping on STOP, I continued down the hill towards the mine train, the line looked long so I skipped out this round, I also skipped out on a ride on the Ninja, since its rough and just needs to go, and I skipped past Batman the ride, another one that really doesn't do anything for me and I have ridden it so many times.. I stopped off for a soda and a pretzel, and 10 bucks later I was heading towards American Thunder and a few rides on this great coaster.

another walk on coaster today, I went right to the back seat and rode it a couple of times, before moving towards the front seat for a few more rides with the last one finally being in the front seat. for such a small coaster, it really is a surprise coaster, it offers some great hills, some airtime, and lots of of thrills, all squeezed into a compact area.
after my rides on American Thunder, I headed back into the park and decided to take a ride on Mr. Freeze Reverse Blast, now Mr. Freeze is one of those eh its cool coasters, not a major fan of it but will ride it for fun. however with the new direction change and you hit the tower backwards and you look down at the ground instead of up at the clouds, it makes for such a better ride. the only thing I did notice was that it was a little rougher on the return trip facing forward. I do like the ride better, and I hope they keep it this direction, it seems to have a better turn around with guests.  This coaster I only rode the one time, then it was back around to do the circuit once more including a ride on the boss, a ride on the eagle, another drop on Superman Tower, and this time around I took a ride on the mine train, and for some strange reason I still giggle like a little kid every time I ride that.

I headed back over to American Thunder and took a couple more rides in the front seat before heading out of the park. I enjoyed my  3 and 1/2 hours out at the park a whole bunch, I see signs of Fright Fest making their way into the park, so will be looking forward to next month. I want to try and use my pass 3 more times between now and the end of the season, that way it will be paid for even before the new season has a chance to start.

 we really do have a pretty decent park, guess that it just seems old since i have been going for so many years, I really want to see a big coaster go in to the park in the next couple of years, we could really used one and it would help put our park back in the top rankings. only time will tell

Comments