A day at the water tower

after writing for a couple of years on another blog site, I decided to return to this one to see if it gets more readers or not, and weather or not my thoughts and words are only getting written for my benefit, which if that's the case really isn't a big deal since it gives me a way to voice things in a fashion that I am most accustomed to.

Getting back to my journal, this return entry is about a place I like to visit when it's open, the Compton Heights water tower is one of 3 towers in the area, and the only one that is open for the public to climb and view from the top. They open the tower the first Saturday of the month from April through November and offers a wonderful view of the city from all directions.

On a clear day the tower offers a wonderful view, there are 198 steps, and its a steady climb to the top, once you get there, a view can be seen from any of the 10 windows. The tower stands a little over 200 ft tall.





Comments