Coaster plans 2013

This past summer I went on a coaster trip with a group of about 50 people through this awesome website called Theme Park Review, and it was not only the highlight of my 2012 summer, but it was one of the most incredible experiences I have had in a long time.  Over the course of 12 days, we traveled through 9 states along the east coast hitting around 11 parks, riding over 80 coasters, it was hands down one of the best experiences I have ever had.  I met some great people on the trip,  several of which I interact with now regularly on Facebook,  I met a handful of folks from many areas of the world, including  England, Australia, even the Netherlands.

it will most definitely be something I will remember for the rest of my life.  I started thinking almost immediately that I would do it again next year simply based on the fact of how much fun I had on this trip, and they even somewhat announced the possible trips for next year, and of course with some of the incredible new coasters opening up next year the trip choices were kind of hard to decide on.  I made my decision as to what trip I would take and then just prepared to start saving again and getting ready for my deposit to be placed in December.

for the past couple of days however, I have started to have second thoughts about the whole trip thing and the one key factor that makes me hesitant to take the trip is the cost. while I had an incredible time this past summer, and I fully feel like I got my moneys worth on the trip, I really don't want to drop that kind of money on another trip. I took this last one because of the fact that most of the parks on the trip were ones I had been wanting to hit for many years, and it would have taken me several summers to accomplish visiting them, so I did some research and decided that 2013's coaster experiences will be personal road trips on my own, with the option available for any of my friends that that are interested in coming along.

My first trip of 2013 will most likely take place in the early spring, in the off season,  out on the west coast. The people who organized the trip I took have an annual event or "Bash" out at Magic Mountain each year and I and my partner Michael will be attending that, this is also the only trip all summer that will take place on the weekend, all of the other trips I am taking  will be during the week, with that in mind,  The next trip I am planning on taking will probably be the biggest one I take all summer. I am calling it the "Southern Exposure tour" I will be heading down to Arlington TX to hit Six Flags over Texas, when I leave there I am going to Arkansas to a park called Magic Springs, and when I leave Magic Springs I will head to Branson and Silver Dollar City. and come home from there, hopefully I can tempt some people into coming along with me on this one, I am still contemplating adding Six Flags Fiesta to this trip, it would mean an initial 4 hours more on the road but it would also mean another set of new coaster credits including a brand new one..
the final trip of the summer will be called the Great Lakes tour, and hopefully this one will be a group of at least 6 or more, we will be heading up to Cedar Point, and after leaving there we will drive to Gurnee Illinois and hit Six Flags Great America then home from there. over the course of the summer I will have ridden 73 coasters, with 33 of them being first time rides. the cost of the trips combined won't be anything near what I paid for my 12 day excursion, and since I will be doing the trips during the week, the crowds while still large will be less that what they would be on the weekends.

Summer 2012 was incredible, but I am planning on making summer of 2013 even better!







Comments