Decorating for Halloween

I have always put an effort into decorating the house for Halloween, I have done so ever since I was a kid taping my cardboard cutouts up in the living room window for all the kids to see. Most of the bigger holidays warranted decorations, and my family was always up on getting the decorations up in a timely manor as to be able to enjoy them for the full month of October, the full Halloween season.

 Each year we throw 2 parties, one is our annual big Christmas bash, and then there is the Halloween Bash. we have been doing the bashes now for about 8 years, and each year I think I have more fun setting up for it and adding stuff to it to make the evening even more enjoyable than the year before. one year I designed a touch box, where you placed your hands inside dark boxes and tried to figure out the somewhat disturbing item your feeling. sometimes your hand came back wet, but each time you did wonder what it was you were touching.
 This year I left the front yard untouched with decorations, a couple of times we have had lights taken from the yard so I don't want to take a chance on losing any more of them to inconsiderate people, so this year all the decorations are inside and out in the backyard, where the people from the party will be, people to enjoy the decorations, the way it was meant to be.
 Each year it seems like such a chore to get everything out and put it all up, just to take it all down, and there has even been a couple of times where I really didn't want to even do it but then I think about how much I enjoy the compliments from friends on how it looks, and it gives me a good feeling knowing that the hard work we do to decorate doesn't go unnoticed and that is very much appreciated.
 Will there ever come a time when wont want to decorate the house? probably not, I will continue doing it for as long as I am able to, I enjoy doing it so why stop doing it? as long as we continue to do the party, and as long as our friends and guests continue to come and enjoy themselves things will stay as they are...
 HAPPY HALLOWEEN!


Comments