End of the Lake season

 Well today we wrapped up the 2012 lake season and headed home. I can't believe the season is over, normally we would be staying longer in the  year but with so many commitments this month there was just no way of getting around it, so we decided to close up early this year.  The lake season was an incredible one this year, and I must say it was probably the most quietest one we have had yet.

a lot had to do with the fact of it being so hot from June all the way through August, triple digit temperatures gave us the hottest summer we have had in a long time, and while I like the hot temperatures, it really did get a little unbearable a couple of those days,but we managed to make it. we did several projects this year to the lake area, the biggest one was the installation of the waste holding tank,  we also built an addition on to the porch, including a nice canvas cover that Michael painted.  the drought really affected the lakes in the area, the first lake is more like a pond now, and the main lake dropped about 6 - 8 feet, this year, the swimming area decreased in size since the water line receeded, we are going to have to have a wet winter to revive the lakes and bring them back up to their normal levels, if we don't and we have a repeat of last year, there won't be any swimming area at all, we will just have to use the main lake..
While the camper did get winterized, I do plan on going down a few weekends over the winter season, we have some good friends that  continue to use their place during the winter months, and they keep telling me to come down and enjoy it with them. so this year I am actually planning on going down a few times, if its not too bad and gets warm enough then I will do it more, but the cold and I aren't good friends, so that camper had better be toasty..
We did a lot of things away from the lake this year, country fairs in town,  the guys did flea markets, and we hit some vinyards and did some wine tasting, it was a first for me and most definitely wont be the last time I do it. I found out that there are some lookout towers down in the area at different parks that you can go climb and look out, I am going to do some research and look into that for next years agenda.. nothing saying that you have to stay in the lake area on the weekends,, there is a lot to explore out there and its nice sometimes to get out and see what it is even though I am more apt to stay around the camper and chill...
will be good to be home on the weekends for a while, I really want to concentrate on getting some organizing and cleaning done, and the next few months will be the perfect time for that, well when I'm not doing work or messing with the upcoming holiday routines... time is flying fast, and before we know it, winter and everything else that comes with it will be here.

I'm ready for it, so bring it on......

Comments