thoughts on a warm fall day.....

I got done with my work early yesterday and so I wanted to take advantage of the Indian summer we are experiencing and stopped by the botanical gardens for an afternoon walk through the gardens on an awesome fall day.

I try and make it to the gardens at least once a week, I have a membership and really like to take advantage of it. it's so amazing how when you visit the gardens every week you can see how it transforms throughout the season, you can tell when the summer season is over and its preparing for fall and winter.  its really funny how even though its 80 something degrees outside, you can still feel the fall season in the air, I can feel the change coming, that change that happens right at Halloween, that lets you know "hey, winter is coming down the road so you better get ready".


I was really expecting to see a broader selection of color from the leaves there, however I couldn't really find the feel I was looking for, guess I have to break away from my work today and head to my old stomping grounds as a teen out in the county, and hit a couple of my secret places for some photo ops.  They aren't really secret places, just sounds kind of fun to say, regardless I am still surprised to see so much color since the experts informed us a few months ago that the fall changes would be minimal and quick-- surprise surprise the weather "experts" were off by a long shot..

Some friends and I took in a late show last night, with it being the Halloween season, a scary movie was in order for the night. "Sinister" was the offering we accepted, and it seems as though the entire group wasn't disappointed in the flick in the least bit.  it had a good story/plot, acting was good, and well Ethan Hawke has always been good on the eyes and is aging very nicely. The movie has some good scary moments in it, and yes you will most likely jump at a few scenes in it, so do yourself a favor and go check it out, if you're not one for the expensive movie going experience, wait a few weeks, and check it out on DVD its worth seeing either way.














Comments