Good times with old friends....

Last night I met up with several friends for an evening of chatting and just kind of hanging out. it wasn't just any old hang out session either, the group of friends I was meeting and I all have one thing in common, we all grew up in the same neighborhood.  I have dubbed the group the Butler Hill gang, (the subdivision we grew up was called Butler Hill estates) and I try and organize a meet up between us at least once a year if not a little more often if possible.



We picked the Hwy 61 Roadhouse for our meeting place, we enjoyed it the last time so why not. we all arrived on time around 6 pm, and we had a nice table upstairs, back in the corner where we could laugh and have a good time without disturbing the rest of the folks...(if that's possible at the Roadhouse).  we had  some great appetizers, Cajun Nachos, fried Mushrooms, Black bean hummus,  and a couple of others.  we ate those, laughed and even had a shot or two Liquid Marijuana's were what they were called , tasty but pricy.  we talked for a while more then decided to order some food, since I had already eaten some of the appetizers I decided to just order a couple of my favorite side dishes off the menu, baked Mac n Cheese, and grilled corn on the cob.. both incredibly awesome..


 After we ate we talked for a while longer before calling it a night, a couple of people out of the group had longer drives ahead of them and I wasn't too far behind, thankfully not as far as a couple..  everyone had pretty much agreed to attending my annual Christmas party which makes me happy, so will look forward to seeing them in a few weeks. we all said our goodbyes, and got into our cars and headed our separate ways, and back to our busy lives and our own families.

 I really  look forward to meeting up with everyone, because its a chance for all of us with our busy lives to take a couple of hours out of their busy schedule to meet up and just talk about everything from the "good old days" to current issues and affairs. I wanted to get a meet up in before the holidays set in within a matter of weeks, because if anyone has less time to get away its at the holidays.  I see everyone on Facebook, read their stories, and "like" their pictures, but nothing is better than actually seeing them in person, it truly is a memorable experience for me each and every time, and I love being able to organize these meet ups between us..

I really like that we share a common bond like we do, and that we all enjoy getting together when we can,  Growing up in the neighborhood we did was also special, because of the generation we grew up with, and the times we did grow up in. did that make sense?  we share stories of the old days, and they are mixed in with stories of how are lives are now days,  its a very comforting time to say the least.  I really hope the next meet up we can draw more out of the woodwork to come along, they really don't know how good of time they are missing. around the time of Mardi Gras next February or so is when we are shooting for the next one..

Comments