Thanksgiving wishes



Funny how holidays seem so different once you grow up and get different ideas.  As  a kid, Thanksgiving was never really high on my list of favorite holidays, we didn't get anything, and football was the order of the day on television.. I do remember though as a kid, waking up in the morning to the house filled with the smells of the day, the turkey was in the roaster cooking,  and the pumpkin pies would be baked and cooling on the counter.



it was a never ending battle between my mother and myself each and every thanksgiving to keep me out of the roaster stealing pieces of skin off the turkey. I was enjoying the flavorful crunchy pieces of skin while she was busy making sure I don't strip the turkey clean of it.. I learned over the years that if I was patient, when the turkey would come out of the pan and get carved, I could have a whole plate of it if I wanted. guess I enjoyed the challenge of sneaking it more...



I remember having turkey day at our house all the time, I remember aunts and uncles coming over to visit and having the house filled with good cheer all day long. One tradition that hasn't changed since I was a kid is watching the Macy's Thanksgiving day parade. I still to this day stop whatever it is I am doing, and plant myself in front of the TV to watch the parade. as a kid I was fascinated by all the huge floats, wondering if they got away would the people holding the strings go flying away with them. 



I have also learned to appreciate the holiday more as an adult than I did as a child, I guess as an adult I finally figured out the true meaning of the holiday, and what giving thanks was all about.  with that in mind, I would like to give thanks to my wonderful partners, my loving family and all of my wonderful wonderful friends, I am so thankful for having each and everyone of you in my life..

Comments