Tuesdays thoughts..

Well here I sit poised at my usual spot getting another day underway, and contemplating the upcoming weeks events. Thanksgiving is just a few days away as is the start of the Christmas season, and I can't believe its already been a whole year already.  The stores are all decorated patiently awaiting the black Friday shoppers that will be filling the stores,  people are making final travel plans and making their lists for what they need from the store to make that perfect Thanksgiving meal.


I'm also getting amused at all the people already complaining about the expensive Christmas season, not wanting to decorate, and pointing out all the bad points ( in their opinion) of what they think the season is all about. personally I am ready for them to be here, I am ready to get the decorations out and decorate the house up, I am ready for the craziness that comes with shopping at the malls, and I am ready for all the parties and festive good times that are on the horizon for next month.



I am ready to see family members I don't get to see to often the rest of the year, and I am ready to relive the times as a kid, doing the things we used to do over the holiday season with mom, like baking cookies and putting up the decorations together. This year I am going to focus less on the commercial portion of Christmas, and focus more on what the season is really all about, spending time with friends and loved ones, and being of good cheer, and of course I am going to decorate the heck out of the house!



Ones of these years I am going to do a complete old fashioned Christmas complete with a Christmas goose and a plumb pudding but until then I guess I am going to have to settle for a  nice turkey dinner, and well with all honesty, there isn't a think wrong with that.....




Comments