Vintage Christmas shows: A Christmas Carol 1969


13229479231551757957ist2_4612080-christmas-garland 
Back when I was a kid, each year for many years I would look forward to seeing specific shows on television over the Christmas season,  "A Charlie Brown Christmas"  Rudolf and the many other Rankin Bass creations, Frosty the Snowman, "The house without a Christmas Tree" and there was one special version of Charles Dickens, "A Christmas Carol" that will always bee my favorite version, (considering there are so many versions of it out there) and this one was always shown on CBS and almost always on a Sunday afternoon.

1969-australian-cartoon-version1

This version was unique because it was and still is the only version of this story made where the ghostly character of Jacob Marley is not a person but a skeleton with hair that was shaped like fire. it was a rather spooky version of the cartoon which is also another reason why it stands out so much.  For years and years as an adult I tried consistently to locate a copy of this version, but it has been out of print for many many years. I found a copy about 15 years ago on a burned DVD, and I have hung on to it like gold, putting copies of it on all available external hard drives I have so that I don't ever lose it.

Untitled-1






I figured I would go ahead and post it here so that those of you that remember this version can watch it and relive it, and those of you who havent seen it have the option to watch it and see if you like it.. its not any different of a story as the story goes, however it just has a special place in my heart as I watched it so much as a kid growing up.


A Christmas Carol Part one
A Christmas Carol Part Two
A Christmas Carol Part Three
This version has been out of print for years, so unfortunately the only options you have are to watch it here on this awesome blog, or hunt it down on Youtube, I know it exists there...

Comments