Wednesdays words

Well, spent the day reclaiming the house from the Christmas mess, all the trash, wrappings, and boxes have been deposited in the proper receptacle, and you can see the floor and furniture once again, I even removed a little bit of the decorations already just because they were starting to fall a little and get in the way. even had a squirrel chew one of the sets of lights and through a wire, guess he is tired of them being in his tree, or should I say trees since they all obviously belong to him.  After I got the house back in shape I relaxed a bit, which included but was not limited to, practicing Spanish, organizing shelves, smoking some herbage, and scratching my toes and other various body parts.

IMAG0444
After I accomplished what I had planned in the house, I cleaned myself up, changed into some different not so dirty clothes to go next door to our neighbors annual boxing day party. had some tasty food and some enlightening conversation with the assorted guests in attendance. after mingling for a bit I headed back home to the somber seclusion of the quiet house, before heading to a Mexican restaurant for some tasty food.  some friends from out of town were having some people together for dinner and included us in their plans which was super nice of them.  The food was tasty as was the chips and salsa (really dig that fire roasted kind of salsa) and the prices weren't really all that bad either. we had eaten there before but its been a while, looks like we need to head back again soon for another round of it, worth every penny.
IMAG0400
After dinner we piled back into the car and headed directly home, where I quickly got into night mode by changing into my comfy pants and slippers and relaxing the rest of the night at my desk where i can eventually find myself contemplating the days events in the form of a journal entry such as this one. Tomorrow we have to attend the wake of Michael's mother who passed away yesterday morning around 11 am, I have a feeling tomorrow is going to be a long day, so will just make sure I am prepared for it and just relax and go with the flow...  next up we are contemplating a trip to the lake to check on things, make sure all is good with the property and to see how low the lake is getting. we need some major snow this year for that lake to get back up to where it belongs, otherwise there wont be too much swimming going on at the lake next summer.

Comments

Post a Comment