Finally Friday....

Well here I sit while another fabulous day in the life of me comes to yet another end. Today I found myself not being as productive as I should, Pero el fin de semana empieza ya, (but the weekend is starting now) so moving into "weekend mode" is was actually the order of the day.  The guys were off today so we did a bit of running around which included but was not limited to, meeting up at Waffle House for a quick lunch and to say hi to our favorite waitress Melissa. I noticed something today driving around after breakfast, we headed to our next stop via the back streets, I have a tendency to do that whenever I drive through my old neighborhood and stomping grounds. this time I really noticed how different the area looked, things like my old grade school being replaced by a nursing home, woods where I used to play are now replaced with houses and strip malls, I know change is good, but man it really sucks to see everything so different, there are still streets though in my old subdivision with houses that still don't have any trees on their properties, which still makes it look the way it did 38 years ago.

DSCN2553
after running with the guys I went over to a friends house to hang with her for a bit, catch up on things, and mingle. I came home and did something I really couldn't believe, I baked 3 dozen sugar cookies! you would have thought it was Christmas all over again. I am planning on icing them tomorrow and then hanging up my cookie sheets and Christmas recipes until next year, besides I really am over all the cookies especially with the amount I made this Christmas. I am planning on sending some to Canada to a friend up there, they will be late but still tasty. after baking the cookies for a while it was time to take on tonight's dinner selection for the guys, I have been trying to steer away from boring blah blah dinners in exchange for some a little more tasty and with a little more effort. I have a mess of cookbooks so decided as one of my resolutions to start using the recipes out of them, combine that with the books I have downloaded on my Kindle and you have one damn happy camper indeed...
DSCN2578
Tonight's choice was "Cajun Catfish" and it really was rather tasty. I served it with some Au gratin potatoes, some collard greens for the guys and peas for myself since I do not eat the greens. the fish was tasty and not too spicy, I think next time I will opt for a blackening and give it a heavier kick, I believe it would do the dish wonders. not that it isn't tasty as is, I have even bookmarked it for use at another time, I would rather just spice it up a bit. in case you are wanting to try it out yourself, here is the recipe:

"Cajun Catfish filets"

2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon paprika
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cayene
4 catfish filets

Preheat broiler and line broiler pan for easy cleanup
in a small bowl, combine the oil, paprika, oregano, cayenne, place catfish on prepared pan and brush both sides with the spice mixture
arrange fish flat side up on pan and broil 10 minutes, carefully turning fillets over once halfway through broiling, or until catfish turns opaque throughout and reaches
a internal temperature of 145 degrees.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DSCN2572

During my baking time this afternoon I decided to watch a flick on my tablet for entertainment purposes, and I chose a movie from the queue called "The Fields".  I really don't know what to expect from some of the movies on Netflix honestly, however this time as on other occasions I was pleasantly surprised with the movie I saw. it was about this kid who sees an incident between his parents and has to go live with grandpa and grandma who happens to be Cloris Leachman, on their farm. he keeps getting warned not to go in the cornfields, if you do you will die and never come back is what she tells the kid but eventually his curiosity gets the best of him and goes yes can you believe it, into the cornfields, where incidentally he "sees" things.   add a twist here and a dash of strangeness and you have a delightful little suspenseful thriller. 


MaƱana es Sabado, and I honestly don't know what is happening on the Schedule. I know that in the evening we are supposed to attend a roller derby match to see a friend of ours do a solo performance of "jeer leading", so should make for an interesting night. hopefully the best buds will tag along and make the evening even that much more special.

Comments