Snow Flurries and home cooking....

Woke up this morning to yet another cold day, but it is winter after all, and the cold no matter how bitter it is, belongs here. Since I had to work at the shop yesterday, I had to postpone wash day by one day. so this morning was the chosen day to take care of it and what better time then right off the bat. I really enjoy the laundry when there isn't a packed house, I get to use my machines of choice, and I get the nice dryers by the folding tables which makes it easier for me when taking the stuff out of the dryer to fold and bag it.  was surprised with a round of snow this morning as well, weather man said it was going to "flurry" a bit but it stuck around for a while and we got a nice covering of snow.

IMAG0713
The new car handled awesome in the weather, it has all wheel drive when needed and it came in handy on the slick roads. once I got out on the main roads they were cleared off, our street doesn't see a cleaner for snow, and so we have to wait for it to melt off. and right now with temps in the teens and twenty's its staying around. I really don't understand the hating of the snow, we get so little of it but folks around here hate it so much. I have never hated it. I think about my childhood and snow would come while we were in school, we all wished it would continue to fall to the point we knew they would be sending us home early, most of the time it would happen that way, but every once in a while we would only get a light dusting and would have to finish our day in school.  now as an adult I enjoy when we get a new blanket of white, I love to drive through the park and snap some photos..
IMAG0714
IMAG0724
IMAG0729
even a light dusting of snow can make things look so different and even calm and beautiful.  it was really nice driving through the park, the other cars were scarce, so it gave me an opportunity to drive slow and enjoy the scenery.
IMAG0728
I got home and took care of everything I wanted to around here including getting some items together for dinner for the guys when they got home from work. tonight's offering to the guys was a delightful dish, Southwest seasoned pork chops with 3 cheeses, stuffing and green beans. it came out awesome, and super tasty. after dinner we all retired upstairs to our desks to relax and spend some time with each other.

Comments