tasty meals, cleaning up Christmas, and cooking

another fantastic day has now found it's way to an end, and while I am right on the edge of my seat, I am also on the verge of falling asleep, combining the two could prove highly disastrous. Today was delightful out while the cold kept it's grip on us, well its to be expected considering that it is winter time and well cold has become a part of in case some of you didn't notice. hopefully we can get down to the lake at some point to check on things and make sure all is OK down there, haven't seen the place since October so curious to see how it all looks, I do know that we had more snow down there than we did here in the city, but I really don't think it was substantial enough to help with getting the lake back up to its original level..
I tried a new dish tonight for dinner out of one of my cookbooks, it was "Quick and Easy Chicken and Dumplings" the recipe seemed simple enough so I figured what the heck and made it.   The "quick & easy" part was the fact that instead of making regular dumplings, or buying them. you cut flour tortillas up into 1" squares. the overall taste was great, it was a little on the sweet side due to the tortillas but still delicious none the less, and something I will most definitely make a second and third time.  Another food plus today was lunch at a fast becoming favorite Mexican restaurant by the house. we have eaten there 2 times now and both meals have been delightful, so looking forward to our 3rd time in the very near future.
I took down a few more of the decorations today, I think I will take the remainder down this weekend, Michael is here to help which will make things go a lot easier for a change. I still have the lights up outside as well, but don't feel so bad since a few of the neighbors still have theirs out and on as well. I just want to make sure I am not the last one lit, a little pet peeve of mine,  petty yes, but I absolutely hate being the last one with lights up on the block, and this year won't be any different.  Blue got his front paws trimmed today, he is still yelping a little bit when getting around a bit, but as the day/night progresses he seems to be returning to normal. the little spoiled brat he is.. gotta love him though and boy do I! 

Night night world I'm so outta here!

Comments