The value of life: a round of logical thinking

There was a time when I would shoot people down because of their phone habits, but since becoming a smart phone user I understand what they see and feel with their phones through my own experiences, including looking or interacting with my phone in social situations like parties, outings and most rudely, dinners.  Yes, I was one of those types that would scold you, glare at you and generally never live down the fact that you brought out  your phone during dinner...etc. now I am even guilty of that or at least leading others into that "routine" so not going to fret it at all. there are still boundaries that I won't cross with the phone, I wont text while the car is moving, and I won't text and read the phone while walking.

IMAG0834
lately I have been seeing people crossing the street while talking on their phones, completely oblivious to their surroundings, including fast moving cars. 2 times today alone, I watched people just step off the curb and proceed to start walking, not noticing that there was an approaching car right upon him. he finally stopped, and in fact jumped back in shock that a car almost hit him. This is most definitely not the way to cross the street. you idiots need to pay attention, look both ways, THEN if its clear, put your phone down and walk across the street, I find it hard to believe that conversation your having is more important than your existence.  I see the same things regularly when i see parents/mothers run across the street with their kids/strollers, instead of using the crosswalk, the CORRECT way to do it.

IMAG0841
its just a case in point, people are just too busy in life to experience the little things, and its really pretty sad considering the little things are really what make up what life is all about, at least that's the way that I think about things. if you get to wound up in your everyday existence. you lose sight of your dreams and goals, and when that happens you lose all focus and direction.

Comments