End of summer event: Day one

End of summer bash: day one
Started out the day bright and early, wanted to sleep in but that was not going to happen.  I got a few things done around the house, packed the bag and headed out.  I kicked the vacation off with a tasty breakfast at Gordon's stop light,  and then it was time to hit the road.

The drive down was quick like always,  and I had to deal with minimal traffic, always a plus in my book . I found the room without problems and checked in promptly. After relaxing for a bit it was time to venture out. I ended up going to the Grand Country Buffet, for a fantastic lunch.. I went back to the room to contemplate my next move, it didn't take long...

I have been visiting Branson for many years, and one of the attractions down here that I haven't visited yet is the "Titanic museum"  so I splurged and took the plunge.  While they did recreate the grand staircase of the Titanic, there wasn't to much more there that resembled a ship. The self guided audio tour was quite interesting, however I don't see myself visiting this attraction a second time..

After the Titanic exhibition, I was getting hungry, so I ventured down the strip again and found myself stopping at a place called "Poncho villa" and I'm glad I stopped.. Very tasty food and the service was delightful. When I left the restaurant, storms were beginning to roll in so I headed back to the room, where I found myself crashing around 9:30/10:00 what a great day, I hope it's just as exciting tomorrow...

Comments