Let's do a Retro Page on Facebook: 
About a year and a half ago while looking at a page of a group that I followed on Facebook, I started thinking about starting a page of my own, so that's what I did, and when it came to deciding what I was going to cover with it, I thought of one of the things I know and love and that would be retro television and retro advertising, and "Retro Days, TV Flashback" was born!

A page dedicated to television, music, and all things from the 50's all the way through the 80's. the page includes videos, and tons of pictures with all kinds of interesting information about various shows, movies and advertising from era's gone by.  It's a small group of people, but we are quickly growing. 

So why Retro stuff? 
Personally, I find that when I watch retro stuff, I am actually more entertained that I am when I am watching modern day television shows. I recently started watching Fantasy Island and Love Boat episodes, both shows that I loved when I originally watched them, and I honestly find that they hold up so well even 40+ years later.  Things were so different back then and the stars were also very different back then. it wasn't all about being 100% manicured with a perfect face and body, it was about how well you could act, not about how perfect you looked.  I believe soundly that social media and the internet forced people to follow those views. 


 Welcome to the page:
you are all welcome to come check out the page if you are on Facebook, the page is monitored and updated semi-daily and there is already a mess of content to check out if you are interested in retro and vintage stuff media. I must warn you that I don't tolorate any negativity on the page, if there is something that you don't like, might I suggest that you hold your tongue, if something is posted that I DON'T agree with, it WILL be removed no explanations provided.  



Comments