New Year, New beginnings

The new year started off with a bang, well if you call sitting at home with the ones you love watching the ball "drop" in New York ringing in the new year in that time zone, a bang, then well yes I did enjoy it. I find as I get older, the whole celebrating the new year usually ends up with me kissing my partners and being thankful to have them in my life. living out of the city limits there aren't as many guns being fired off as there are fireworks, which I'm fully thankful for to say the least.

 I continued my Spanish studies into the new year, I guess since I'm paying for the app it gives me more of an incentive to keep up daily studies. I sometimes wonder if I'm even learning anything but when I am asked to translate sentences from Spanish into English and vice versa and get a green button, with the words "excellent" and "great Job" assuring me that I am in fact learning, and that in itself is a truly wonderful thing. I've got 168 days under my belt, trying to get to 365 days once more.

So what am I planning for 2023? let's take a quick look at that, shall we? 
  •  Stepping away from social media: I've been a social media junkie for quite some time, which included but wasn't limited to Facebook, TikTok, Instagram, Snap Chat, and YouTube. I see way too much influence on people from social media, and thankfully while I haven't been influenced by anything on social media, I'm just really starting to hate it and the need to constantly be a part of it. I have found since I've changed my habits for 2023 that posting in Instagram is going to be my final choice for "social media"                                                                                                                                                                                     



              
  • Continuing Studying Spanish:  When I initially downloaded Duo Lingo, I made it all the way to a 365-day streak before losing it. After losing the streak I kind of lost my desire to learn Spanish and just put it on hold. late spring of 2022, I decided to jump back into the app and ended up making monthly payments for the professional version of the app. it's been 168 days since I started, and I am maintaining an 80% average with my learning.                                                                      

  •  learning the guitar: I got a free guitar from my nephew, and my goal is to learn how to play it this year. I'm signed up with some online courses and I am waiting for my new glasses to arrive before I can start learning. I'm giving myself a year to learn it, while I won't be a professional musician after that year, I hope to have gained some knowledge about music and playing.                                                                                                                                                               

                   
    • Expanding Coaster count: Being a coaster nut, I really want to expand my coaster count, but not sure if its going to be happening or not. I know I have plans to go to Cedar Point this year, but they aren't necessarily set in stone at this point. I'm avoiding all Six Flags parks for sure, and I do have a season pass for Silver Dollar City down in Branson where I know I will be spending time each month this year, March-November.                                                                                                                                                       

I also plan on writing here as often as I can, and at least when I remember to do it. However, I must say with the legalization of Marijuana in our state, I plan on being stoned more than usual causing me to possibly forget to add my thoughts to this little blogger thing I've got going on. 

Comments